Thursday, June 4, 2009

the story of us


the moment changed after the first kiss. then came the tears. and i was the one on the receiving end. she was warm at first. but afterwards the coldness of her heart was overwhelming. perhaps my spectacles with lenses of fear made me see that. i thought it would last forever. i thought we would circle the sun. conquer the moon. but then i had to travel alone. i had to journey by myself. discover and seek. as a stranger at a lonely table. a bottle of wine only drunk halfway. all by myself. all it left me was a empty road of memories. memories by myself. but there were good times and happy moments. but the loneliness and emptiness kept grinding me down. it made me look over my shoulder to many times. every day i would see her face in a reflection of a window and then snap around. desperate to be us again. but it was never to be. it left me sad and hollow. some days even frustrated and angry. but i would not trade those moments with her for anything. those sunny days. all those rainy nights. i never realised that one can carry these emotions with you for so long. but you can. it burns on your inside. eating away. it leaves me dreaming of yesterday. it helps me crave the early mornings dew of tomorrow and the rising sun. but there is something i cant get away from. your soul intertwined with mine. your heartbeat syncronised with everything i do. i drives me crazy. i leaves me screaming. but i know oneday we will be us again. we will walk those walks. sand between our toes. sun on our faces. wind in our hair. cos i believe in us. the beauty of our uniqueness. the passion and joy that stirs us. the season might not be now. but the season is coming. the time is not yet. but it will be. and soon. soon it will be time for us. you. me. us.

No comments: