Monday, June 1, 2009

bubbling over

most of my friends know that i am a fan of good wine and a great fan of champagne and sparkling wines. in fact i have spent most of the last three years of my life trying to taste as many wines as possible to find the perfect wine...with a biased opinion extending into the wines with bubbles. i tried to calculate the other day how many wines i have tasted over this period. and it came close to a total of something like 3000 wines if i look at all my notes and scribbles. and among them were some of the top and most expenseive wines in europe. a truely memorable and honouring experience. to select the best would be silly. i would have to categorise them and that will take months. but i thought i would off the top of my head rate my favourite/top bubblies tasted in recent times. i am sure there will still be many in the future. and i am looking forward to increase my muselet collection...

...so in no particular order:

1. ridgeview bloomsbury



2. louis roederer brut premier



3. jean vesselle cuvee prestige 1991 magnum



4. billecart-salmon nv rose

5. bollinger grande annee 1988 magnum



No comments: