Tuesday, September 1, 2009

introspective


i dont know if you will be able to see. it has been such a long time. the changes that have come over me are so many. it has been a long time. weeks. months. years. since i had the chance to breath you in. now with the last few days approaching. i suddenly feel afraid. afraid that i have drifted away. away from you. away from me. so i have been re-calling old stories. old songs and memories to remind me of you. my heartland. my home. where i was born. the songs and stories remind me of my past. of were it is i come from. i am sure there are reasons why i feel so far away today. but for now i know that i miss you. i think about you all the time. i can hear you calling me. soon i will be going home. but what if. if i have become a stranger to you. a stranger to myself. that would be sad. cos you are all i ever had. i have been away. traveling. moving from one place to the next. to prove myself to nobody. perhaps to you. perhaps to me. but there were points that needed proving. there were friends worth loosing. and i lost them. forgotten. left behind. but i found others. yes. on my way there were many. ladies that i have kissed and left crying. broken hearts and stolen dreams. also true. there is no point in denying. i have traveled hard and far. across the four winds. to every corner. and now i am sitting here by myself. introspective of where i have been. reflecting on the shadows that lie behind me in the wake. the fire is cracking.the room is empty. the wine is sweet. the conversation is dying slowly. the sand is running out. and so is my time. yes my time away from you is running out. and soon we will be re-united. soon i will smell your earth. soon i will taste your provision. soon i will see your sunsets. your childrens crying. now i know that i miss you. i think about you all the time. i can hear you calling me. soon i will be going home. but what if. if i have become a stranger to you. a stranger to myself. that would be sad. cos you are all i ever had.

No comments: