Friday, September 4, 2009

happy hour


time is now
take off the mask
put on reality
hide the brave face
show people what they want
dont be fake
be real
happy hour is here

i live out of a place
it is deep within
i dont show it often
but its integral to me
its my core
it consists of joy
it enables me
to write without pain
to say what i mean
without the emotion
i guess it my gift
to just say
and not to feel

some claim i'm a freak
others think i'm unique
perhaps somewhere inbetween
it matters not
it does not change a thing
i will always be me
say what i have to
write to heal
sing to feel
cry to taste
salt on my face
healing under my skin

they think i'm dark
but on the contrary
i shine from within
they can see it in my eyes
although my words speak another language
they understand it not
it does not add up
but they envy
they crave to taste
to be able to sing or write the song
to understand the ticking inside

happy hour is now
eyes never lie
whatever the mouth my speak
light overcomes the darkness
sun breaks through the day
illuminates the road
joy comes in the morning

No comments: