Friday, January 9, 2009

in limbo


I can’t help to think of the New Year as a year of being in limbo, stuck between different places and having to travel light. That has been the thoughts that flashed through my mind as I opened my eyes on the morning of the 1st of January 2009. The fact that I had a golf game scheduled for 08.28 on New Year’s morning was probably in hindsight a smart move on my side. It would be the first time in two years that I was going to swing my beautiful Maxfli irons and it was an epic morning out on the greens and fairways, apart from the occasional three putt. But the beauty about the game of golf is that you play against yourself more than in any other sport. And that is my expectation for 2009. The comparisons between the two struck me as I was searching for a bad drive out in the left hand side rough on the second or third hole. This year it was going to be me against myself!

None-the-less, 2009 started with a lot of food for thought on my plate. It is going to be another great year indeed! But the golden thread of self development is always something that I value pretty high and it is going to be a tough year too. But I will never stand back for a challenge. In fact – I treasure it. I guess the big “unknown” factor that scares most people is also something I like to use to my advantage. But once again – not easy. I will have to start of on the front foot to get the momentum swinging in the right direction…just like on the golf course!

My time in France will be coming to a sudden end before I know it and it is something I dread. It has almost been two years now and I am coming around the bend at the 150 meter mark – just before entering the final home straight. It has been an unforgettable time and will form an integral part of my persona. Je suis très heureuse pour passé le dernier deux ans en France. I salute all my professors and friends, people in the cafes and restaurants where I have become a regular. I will slowly but surely start to “pack up my life” before I embark on the new journey for the final stretch of my “three years out” experience.

The “how” and the “where” of what is to follow - I will inform you shortly.

No comments: