Friday, September 5, 2008

i saw an angel


I saw an angel just the other day. It was one of those rare moments where time stops and you want the time to stand still forever. To replay the situation over and over. Wishing you would be able to utter one word in despair. In desperation speak a word to attract her attention. But in stunned silence you watch as she walks by. She stepped off the airplane and was like a breath of fresh air. Her presence filled everywhere and everyone around her. The way she carried herself was overwhelming. She walked tall. She spoke softly yet firmly. She transmitted her being with conviction and authority. Yet with utter humility. I could sense the peace and joy that shone from her face. Her eyes were warm and kind. Her smile turned heads and could possibly change nations and sway dictators. She did not see me. I was just a ghost. A shadow without shape or form. But I saw her. I followed her with my eyes as she crossed the spaces. She was heading in my direction. I was paralysed. Frozen in time. As she approached me she must have sensed my desperation, my heart ache and despair. She passed. Her scent slapped me like a heavy weight’s punch. As I turned around to see her walk away, I saw her pause, and then stop. As if something crossed her mind. As if something has upset her or troubled her peace of mind. She turned and looked up across the room. She was searching for the source of sadness that she felt resonate in her. As she scanned the room, her eyes stopped at the formless shadow of a ghost that was me. She stared at me for what felt as if it was an eternity, but was probably as second or two. The depth of her eyes connected with my soul and it changed me forever. She smiles, nodded at me and turned around and walked away.

No comments: