Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the process of change


a lot of people dont really understand starting a new life elsewhere. a foreign country. new people. new language. they see it as one long holiday. is it really. all your friends are back home. your loved ones far away. easy. surely not. they say home is where the heart is. is it really. if you relocate to another country you have to start a new life. you cant live physically in one place and emotionally in another. people dont get that. for what reason i dont know. its not something you want to do. it is not that you forget them. it is a matter of overcoming your new challenge. if not you will get seriously depressed. for you long to be elsewhere. ask anyone that has gone through that experience. they will tell you. call me a softy. i call it real. i call it owing up to the reality of your emotions. for those who still have access to theirs. its not what others see. its what you see when you get up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I so agree with your statement. Being in London myself the move was hard. If I looked back over my shoulder all the time to SA and home I would never have survied the year. But by looking forward and placing my heart in God's hands and trusting him I embrace where I am as it is where God has called me to be. one cannot move backwards, you have to go forwards, if you fight it it will only be harder, if you embrace it you will find new adventure and experiances and great things.