Wednesday, July 18, 2007

first impressions




my first impressions on my new home. wow. lots to say. can i describe it in one word. let my try. then i will paint the picture. my word. alluring. my picture. yellow paint. the atmosphere here is sensual. everybody is smiling. laughing. chatting. the place is a buzz. life is hapening. everyone seem to be happy within themselves. they might show it in a different way. red paint. food and wine is symonymous to france. need i say more. cream paint. pastis. 51. ricard. pernod. you have to try this stuff. aperitif own to the area. a new find for me. i place it high on my list. next to the stuff with the bubbles. blue paint. i discovered a small town nestled away in the hidden area of catalane. close to the spanish border. home of henry matisse. who said. there is no place on earth where the sky is as blue as in collioure. i have to agree with him. the small town of collioure is trapped between sea and mountain. vineyards all over the hillside. yachts in the bay. music and joy from the street cafes. life in motion. green paint. the vines. chateaus. they are everywhere. the region of languedoc has the greatest area planted under vines in france. surely something good has to come for that. i have taken it upon myself to find them. one by one. black paint. la prefecture. the french version of home affairs office. people dont believe when i tell them it is slower than back home in africa. it is. i have been there four time already. it cost me twelve hours of my life and i have nothing to show for it yet. this cloud has no silver lining. i hope that the tide will turn and that i will have my silver lining after all. donc. je suis fini. a demain.

No comments: