Thursday, July 26, 2007

across the room


i saw her from across the room. she was elegant. walked as a trained mannequin. long elegant steps towards perfection. sliding across my vantage point. i could not stop staring. a certain mystery about her. a cloud of confidence protected her. it made my eyes hurt. dressed with a spice of funk and spunk. a scent of style. it filled the whole room. was i the only one poisoned by her presence. drowning in her intrigue. beautiful yet simple. the way god made her. perfect. like a drug. i could not absorb enough. as if there was not point of saturation. no end to her excellence. then she was gone. suddenly from our presence. she kept me awake. who was she. the scent filled my nostrils. i could not wash it off. it followed me where ever i went. for weeks it bothered me. kept me awake. i could not focus. work was pointless. her dark fair hair and deep eyes. i could feel them on me. i would turn around. she was never there. around the corner i would search for her. in a crowd. at the market. pointless. she was gone. forever. forever gone.

No comments: