Monday, January 14, 2008

friends back home


spending a brief nine days in africa over the big days was a real treat. i got to see some of my friends and unfortunately could not see everybody of course. but the ones i did get to see really was such a delight. to hear and see what everybody has been up to over the last couple of months and also to see how fast things change and how fast people move on. it seems that everyone has had some real ups and some serious downs. but we survived. or should i rather say overcame all that life threw at us…that includes me. reflecting as i have said before is a good thing. but not too often. talking to my friends i realised that the past year has been a good one for me. yes it included some serious changes in my day to day living. moving to france at the end of june was a massive challenge even though it was a dream come true for me. a lot more difficult than what people realise. looking back probably one of the hardest choices but best choices of my life. up there with my career decision. to pack up and go was not easy. leaving a lot of good people behind. i guess it was a year where some dreams fell away and some ideals fell in place. it all came at a price. some more severe than others. but who will appreciate the things we have if it does not cost us something. and to everyone who played their part in this past year – a big hearty thank you. you people out there are just the best.

No comments: