Wednesday, October 3, 2007

portugal part one


the anticipation has been great. all the time i have been think and planning in my head for the five days that awaits me. so on sunday morning i got up earlier than necessary after sleeping my first night in my new bed. it was a good start to what should be a long and hopefully a peaceful relationship. but that was not the main focus. a long and interesting trip awaited me. bus. tram. train. stop-over. another train. back in the bus. and finally the aeroplane. good fun and all together eight hours to get from mp to porto. and all of it worth the trouble. to be honest i did not know about the changing trains and the bus i had to get to the airport. but thanks to my growing french vocabulary and still confidence to have a conversation with strangers i was directed towards the bus stop fifteen meters under the ground. what a spectacular sight that was. halfway to porto i realised or was not sure whether i had the necessary visa to enter portugal. but being me that did not faze me much. all just part of the experience. what a story if i would be deported back to france. but that would prove not to be necessary as i walked into portugal without anybody wanting to see my passport. i must have an honest face i guess. on the other side i was greeted by the welcoming arms of mom and dad. what a feeling.

1 comment:

Johke & Ted said...

Lekker om vir Woutie en Rae op die pics te sien!!! Bly om te hoor jy het 'n fees gehad! 10 xx