Saturday, October 6, 2007

my younger sister


every once in a while you get the opportunity to reflect. on life. on your situation. on all kinds of things. these moments are usually stimulated by events that stir a bit in the heart. this morning i had to see off a very good friend at la gare and it registered again some thoughts in me. i have always wondered what it would feel like to have a younger sister. somebody you always are on the look out for. to make sure she is ok. not getting hurt or heart broken. but being the youngest i never had that privilege. not until recently when i meet natalia. my new adopted younger colombian sister. funny and full of life. spontaneous and responsible. always ready for an adventure. trying new things. she is somebody that one can not easily forget. and seeing that her time in france has come to an end to it is again time to say goodbye to someone that has crept into your life and that will be hard to say goodbye to. funny how things work. a scary thought to know that someone you regard as a younger sister will be living on the other side of the globe. so these thoughts are as a tribute to nats. my baby sister.

2 comments:

stephan said...

One of nicest girl I ever met. She was funny, Spontaneous, always positive and always in for a laugh and joke!
I will never forget her but sadly enough things come and things go......

Nati212 said...

Baby, that' the nicest thing someone has ever writen to me, that's why you are my big borther also and obviously i'll never forget u eather! I miss u so much and want one of those huge kisses now and to about the kitchen hahaha. I LOVE U!
Your younger sis!
P.S: Many friends have cried when reading this! And thanks stephan about the comment,,, miss u!