Monday, August 4, 2008

endless summer #30


(written on they way back form SANTORINI)

i sometimes or often wish i could find a way to trap my thoughts. download them. analyse them over and over. re-read them. re-live them. but i know that is one of the jewels of being a dreamer. cos in a way these thoughts come and go like re-occuring dreams. it is only the circumstances that change the details of the dream. but the golden thread. the essence. the crux. always remains the same. the theme is like an old movie rolling over and over again. filled with JOY. relationships. friendships. traveling. new friends in foreign places. new and unique experiences. how it impact the future. how it reflects on the past. where it all fits in. how it all comes together. and how some things just dont. the preffered people to spend that moment with. the friend or loved-one you wanna re-live it with. the places and faces. the people and who they are. the blend of culture. religion. faith. food. wine. all in one place.
i am sitting in the window of the boat taking me back to mainland greece after some days in SANTORINI. i am dreaming the time away. i stare at the deep blue waters next to me. it is a funny sort of colour. it is not quite blue. nor is it green. neither anything inbetween. the white horses on the horizon is stirred up by the strong north wind blowing across the aegean sea. whistling through the cyclades. the atmosphere has captivated my thoughts. i find myself in a lost world of space in my imagination. i reflect on my island experience. there are so many things to look back on...
for one. fulfilling my lifelong dream to visit the place. making new friends. many new friends. walking the streets of fira. watching the sunset at ia. sitting in the music bar at katharos beach. listening to the live music. soaking up the sun. drinking my mojito. having conversations with strangers. cruising around the island on my scooter. climbing the volcano. or fighting the sunrays at kamari beach where the black volcanic rock and sand meets ocean deep. how does one quantify such an surreal experience. where reality and fantasy seem to be intertwined to perfection.
to be honest. when i made my list of top twenty things i want to do in my life some five years ago this visit to SANTORINI was among the top five. the scary and exciting thing is that of the top twenty only five things remain to be done. the other fifteen have been realised already. and that before the perfect age of thirty i will reach next year. it blows my mind. but excites my spirit. what a freakin life. what lies ahead. a new list of things to achieve. new dreams. new places. new destinations. making new friends.
whatever is still out there is mine to discover. to find. to cherish. to write about. to take a picture of that i can send around the world. but more important. the experience that i the dreamer will carry inside of me. the things only i know. only God knows. the things that make me jump out of bed in the morning. that thing that makes me live everyday more than the one before.

No comments: