Tuesday, July 22, 2008

endless summer #26

me and nuno.
again the same bad boys.
what to say...
my portugese driver for the week...hahaha.
Figueira from the top.
Portugal...

Walking back form the beach a couple of nights ago it hit me – this place feels like home. And it is true. If I make all he comparisons it is exactly that. It’s like having holiday at the beach house. Same lazy days, fun in the sun, going to the beach and doing as little as possible. The perfect holiday. It’s great cause I don’t feel like I have to get up every morning early to go and see things...like visit museums, churches and old buildings. I can just do as I please and not feel even a bit guilty...
...this morning, while having breakfast and coffee with Nuno in “Figueira da Foz”, it felt like I was having breakfast and coffee with DF in a street cafe next to the sea. Same conversation, same relaxed atmosphere, same feeling. And while driving around in the open top Jeep, the rattling and the sound of the diesel engine made me think of the truck I had, cruising down the beach front on a perfect day. Or driving through the Eucalyptus and Pine forests was like cycling Harkerville forest on mountain bikes with my brother Anton. All in one – a perfect week of what feels like home.

My experience in Portugal was like visiting family. I enjoyed some of the best hospitality ever. And I wonder if there are any more prawns, clams and mussles left in the ocean after last week. I have never had so much good quality seafood in such a short time. Not to even speak of the wines. For one of the smallest wine produciing countires around the world they have some exceptional wines...well I certainly had some of the best times thanks to Nuno and his friends.

No comments: