Sunday, February 3, 2008

roadtrip - day 8&9

Day 8&9
The weekend started with some lazy hours in the city centre of Tours. We decided to lay low for two days instead of rushing around to find a lone producer that will open his doors for us on the weekend. It was a good break. So the first liquid I consumed was an espresso that hit the spot from the word go. The best medicine against the cold sub-zero temperatures of the heartland of France…
…we had to take Meinard to the airport because he was jetting off to Italy for the week instead of joining us for the last leg of the trip. From there we had ample time to cover the odd 300 kilometres to the east. The decision was made that we would get off the auto route and criss-cross through the country, stopping at the odd chateau or two. It was to be a remarkable afternoon of driving and sigh seeing. If ever you are in France in the winter and you have time to spare – take a drive through the heartland of France. The forests and country side is exquisite. The tranquillity and peace was sublime. Even Nuno required a change of music to suite the mood (he is an electronica freak). Lanes and lanes of trees. That tunnel feeling with forests on both sides of the road, lakes and parks, grasslands and the occasional cow and chicken along the road. The different colours of red, yellow, gray and brown. I could do nothing else but absorb the beauty and the serenity…
…we finally got our destination for the weekend, at city called Bourges, 50 kilometres from Sancerre. A petit chateau on the lake of Bourges was the perfect place to do some more absorbing and relaxing to recharge for the last week of “work”. And at a reasonable price it was indeed the ideal place for sleeping late, being served at petite dejeuner and having plenty time to stroll around the lake with my iPod plugged in and singing my heart out. It was the perfect Sunday morning after a week that will go down in the history books as one of the best ever.
Professionally the best by FAR! I get emotional when I think about the precious opportunity I have been given to be here. The wonderful Company back home that has but their faith and trust in me. The best way I can return the trust is to do the most I can, to explore and put myself in the position to learn and see as much as humanly possible. I think I am doing just that…(Due to my discretion I will not name my Company)
So here’s to a Company of greatness, a week of greatness, LIVING life and LIVING your dreams!

No comments: